Wednesday 9 December 2015

The importance of Positivity



Whether it's in our businesses or our lives often we find ourselves over whelmed by everything we have to do... How can we possibly do all of these tasks in such a short amount of time? Can't I take a break and enjoy some "me time"?



The truth for most of us though is that the feeling of being over whelmed is coming from our perception of the tasks at hand rather than the reality of them, and work doesn't have to feel like a chore!




For me, as I'm sure many others, one of the most daunting tasks is the follow up calls. Though I know they are supposed to be made within 24 hours, I look at them as this long event I have to psych myself up for and sit in a quiet space for hours at a time to do, so of course with that mindset they don’t often get done...


If rather than thinking of them as something on my to do list though I looked at them as catching up with a friend and even a favour I was doing for her (rather than the annoyance we sometimes think they are to our leads), that could become my free time (since after all isn't catching up with friends something we all do in our free time anyway?) It's important to remember your “why” because this shouldn't be a job you need a break from! Even if not every task is one you want to do, it’s a step in achieving something you do want or important to you for another reason, you never have to do anything this business and that’s important to remember!


The difference between people who are successful and those who aren’t is mostly just mindset, so stay positive, and share your love of South Hill!

Candice Barkin - Team Builder